Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Speculation: The nearly broken children

Here's a message from postsecret that really touched me:
-----Email Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:16 PM

Frank,

I saw you speak this week at UK. You said "the children the world almost break become the adults who save it". That is my secret. Thank you for giving it voice. I did not break. I did survive and now I am a therapist working with the most disturbed, most abused, but the most incredible children. I believe they can all be saved. I believe they are all worth saving. I am trying one at a time.

My therapist wants me to work through some family issues, in order to better understand myself, some patterns in my life, and to make it easier for me to get to the place I want to be. I want to be someone who is honest and who honesty comes easily to, with myself, with others. Who is herself, deeply, and is happily that way. Happiness and positivity breed the same, and I want to be someone who sows happy in the world. I want to poop rainbows.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to tell you to eat butterflies. Somewhere I remember a butterfly or something similar in one of Ambien's commercials but maybe I am confusing it with another commercial?

    I forgot where I was going with this...

    ReplyDelete